Petition to Transfer Principal For Heavy Metal Fashion
Concerned parents in Canada started a petition to remove a highschool principal for wearing Heavy Metal Fashion and promoting “satanic” symbolism. Parents believe that the principal is promoting satanic symbols to kids. Details are summarized in bullet points.
- Sharon Burns is the principal of Eden High School in St. Catharines, Ontario, and a fan of Iron Maiden and heavy metal. She wears a lot of Iron Maiden and heavy metal inspired Fashion.
- MS Burns shares her love for heavy metal on her social media accounts. Parents are worried that clothing she wears and music she posts about is promoting satanizm.
- One parent started a petition on Change.org to have her transferred to a different school. The title is "Eden High School Principal, Sharon Burns, Needs to Be Transferred Immediately!"
- The pettition is facing a lot of backlash and the parents responded by amending their statement. Now they just claim that they have a problem with a “666” symbol MS Burns shared online.
- A counter-petition on Change.org, titled “We Need Mrs. Burns” has received more than 12,000 signatures, as it cites the positive impact that the principal has made on the high school. To see how much positive impact she has on the school and to sign a petition to keep her at the school head here .