Union Leaders Travel To Europe To Warn About Workers' Rights
Union leaders from Pakistan are calling for a worker-centred approach to safety and strong due diligence laws during an advocacy tour in Europe.
- Delegation is meeting with policymakers and stakeholders to discuss supply chain legislation and the need for binding national programmes to safeguard workers' rights.
- Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive is being developed in Europe and similar legislation is being proposed in the Netherlands.
- Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CSDDD) is a proposed European Union law that would require businesses to adhere to human rights principles in their business conduct abroad.
- Directive is still in development and has not yet been adopted by the European Union.
- Unionists will argue that upcoming laws must be comprehensive, gender-sensitive and worker-centred.
- Unionists will call for measures to ensure worker safety in factories.